Thursday, June 14, 2018

THE TIME


Strange is what I am feeling right now.
Probably there isn't any heeling right now.
Words are getting futile, I believe.
How can I ever retrieve,
The time that just passed and I saw?
I am bombarded with feelings I cannot withdraw.

The memories that I could have made.
The time when I could have freely played.
The time when I could have made stronger bonds.
The time when I could have acted like vagabonds.
The time when I could have made stupid sounds.
The time when there were no bounds.

Alas! That time is gone.
But to forget it is a sine qua non,
For dwelling in the past is never too right.
It will just turn me more contrite
Towards myself whom I had hurt the most.
Now, I will look after myself utmost.

The time always confounds.
Who exactly knows when there may be turnarounds?

---------------------------------------------------------©Radhika Gupta(June13,2018)

2 comments: