Monday, June 25, 2018

DEAR RADHIKA, YOU ARE NO ONE TO DECIDE YOUR MORTALITY




It was the second last exam day.
I had written something wrong in the essay.
I didn't cheat for I don't believe in foul play.
I felt myself far away from a heyday.
For me, that exam was not a child's play.
My mind said," Why are you on this planet anyway?
There are no chances of an 'action replay'.
Kill yourself. End your day.
It will be better for you than to slowly decay.
What if you fail?
Surrender yourself to my assail."
Amidst a howling gale,
I stood silent, all pale.
All engrossed in self-plight,
I moved five steps towards my right.
"Bang! Boom!", I heard a noise.
I turned, looked back and left my poise.
I just couldn't believe my sight.
All my nerves turned so tight.
My eyes stared at the brutally fallen tree.
A minute ago it could have overpowered me.
Death was just a few inches away.
I could have been the easiest prey.
For me, death was making its way.
It wanted to gift me the final getaway.
After all, we all are under it's sway.
Then why it's plan for me was in disarray?
What it actually wanted to convey?
Did it want to show it's presence to me?
Maybe it was showing it's pride in being a good listener.
Maybe it was just mocking at my stupidity
As if saying to me,
" DEAR RADHIKA, YOU ARE NO ONE TO DECIDE YOUR MORTALITY".


---------------------------------------------------------©Radhika Gupta(June25,2018)

3 comments:

  1. Drop a mail in deepscontentwriting@gamil.com for writing guest posts and cross promotions. And this write up is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete