Wednesday, June 27, 2018

ADMITTING THE REALITY


"Hey! Bald Man. Funny Bald Man", said the roadside urchin
With innocence on his face and a slight grin.
The bald man just passed a smile.
The urchin pondered," Is it some new style?"
However, the bald man was there not alone.
Along with him was his belligerent son.
The son said,"Hey you urchin change your tone
Or else I will make you moan."
The urchin mocked and showed his tongue
In return of the scolding so young.
"Why don't you chide that moron?",said the son.
The bald man retorted," Just wait! My little one."
Meanwhile, the errant urchin ran away.
The son stood there in utter dismay.
The bald man said,"Son, look at me.
Now, tell me clearly what do you see?"
"I see my father; the man who makes me glee.
What else should be your identity for me?",
replied the son being a little bit annoyed.
For a while, his words created a void.
"Oh! I inquire of you the reality.
Not what for you is my identity.
I am not asking what you think of me.
Just tell me clearly what do you see?",
Exhorted the bald man.
Soon thereafter the son's answer began.
"Father, I see your head is bald.",
said the son in a tone so appalled.
The father said,"Son, I am proud of the urchin who spoke so true.
Now, I am even proud of you.
Though the reality may sound bitter
Yet you will have to accept that.
Life may not always bestow gold and glitter.
I wanted you to learn this fact.
That's why I didn't commit the act
Of rebuking that roadside urchin.
You may call it my secret tact
To save you from any future lurching.
For a peaceful co-existence in the society
Nothing can be better than 'ADMITTING THE REALITY'."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------©Radhika Gupta(June27,2018)



5 comments:

  1. https://www.facebook.com/nufflovemammaOh/๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Šinstant love affair with this piece...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your poem and it's so cool ! Love it!

    ReplyDelete