Thursday, July 26, 2018

CYCLING THAT MORNING

Related image

Cycling that morning
Made me feel complete.
Its pleasure was much more than
Living in some lavish suite.

It seemed as if my nerves
Were dancing from within.
The road was all empty
And I felt like its queen.

It made me recall everything
That was but merely past.
Both sweet and sour memories
Struck my mind really fast.

But it also made me cherish
The moment I was living in.
The poor past began to fade away.
As I began feeling the joy of being pristine.

There were certain tunes in my mind
That elated my heart's beating.
But they were absolutely futile
In comparison to the birds' twittering.

No horns or cars were there.
Everything seemed serene.
No shouting, scolding or arguing.
The world appeared green and clean.

I had heard once that
Green is the colour of jealousy.
Haha! Now, I laugh at this thought.
For me, green proved to be a remedy.

Maybe it's just about perceptions
That engross our mind from time to time.
Depending on the path we choose,
The same thing can be either sullen or sublime.

It was an exhilaration for me.
I don't want to leave it again.
Devoting some time to cycling
Made me forget all pain.

It was lime and salt
For my rusted personality.
Maybe this is what is
Cycling's speciality

 ---------------------------------------------------------©Radhika Gupta(June26,2018)


4 comments: