Monday, August 6, 2018

STRANGER TURNED CHAT FRIEND

Image result for friendship fingers
I chatted with a stranger that day.
Was it a mistake that I did?
I don't know what came over me that day.
I still think I was completely stupid.

Earlier, I had some principles.
I broke them on my own.
Though they were my own rules
Yet they were simply blown.

It was absolutely strange for me
That I was doing something like that.
Some intellectuals will probably say,
"What's a big deal in having a normal chat?"

Well! When something is done for the first time,
Things are certainly different for the doer.
Moreover, he was totally unknown.
For me, he was just a stranger.

Now, don't look at me with contempt and scorn
For chatting with someone whom I never knew.
Even if for once in a lifetime, at that moment,
I wholeheartedly wanted to commit a mistake too.

Haha! My whole life has been a rule-dictionary.
I was surely a good rule-following girl.
I still don't know if it was the goodness in me
Or some obscure fear of a high level.

Fear was somewhat less.
It was respect for elders that I had.
For any dreary mistake of mine,
I didn't want them to get mad or sad.

So, I decided to restrain my playfulness
To avoid the company of bad children.
But somewhere deep inside my pure soul,
There was always a whimsical child hidden.

I devoted myself just to my studies
To stay away from futile distractions.
Anything else hardly mattered to me.
I was far away from fashion or shitty attractions.

Oh!When you get habitual of repeating something,
You tend to become what you practice.
My face and personality seemed sombre.
I turned into a good con artist, I guess.

Now, when I ponder upon those vague chats,
I don't see them as some horrible mistake.
But, always at the back of my mind,
The memories of past incessantly ache.

This stranger seems a good friend now.
I hope this friendship never changes.
I don't expect anything else from him.
I hope he respects friendship's ranges.

God forbid if he fails in keeping this friendship,
I will consider it to be my first jolly mistake.
I know I will be dejected and forlorn for a while.
At least I will be content for not being fake.

I won't be meeting this stranger ever in my life
For it was one of my conditions to be his friend.
I genuinely don't wish for any chaos anymore.
I am happy being just a "STRANGER TURNED CHAT FRIEND".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------©Radhika Gupta(August 5,2018)

2 comments: