Sunday, July 1, 2018

DEAR EYES, WITHIN YOU, PEACE DWELLS

Image result for buddha eyes shut

My eyes are writhing with pain,
Still, I don't feel like to sleep.
In this tiny brain of mine,
Only some dreary thoughts can creep.

Will things be more claro?
What will possibly happen tomorrow?
Will I be subject to some sudden blow?
The notes in my mind keep playing legato.
My mind never stops thinking so.
My eyes whole night just keep aglow.

They keep looking the fan above.
What if I am subject to some hefty shove?
I don't know why this happens with me.
Is there some invisible key
That I cannot see?
Probably, it makes me do this stupidity.

It may be some sorrow,
That finds it's way through the eyes.
Or it may be some past
That mocks at me being too wise.
I don't know what it is.
It's sometimes glum, it's sometimes bliss.

Isn't it worry? Sometimes I think so.
Then I shun this thought in one go.
Then I tell my eyes quietly,"Everything's alright.
Just take care of yourselves.
Take rest for a while.
For 'DEAR EYES, WITHIN YOU, PEACE DWELLS'."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------©Radhika Gupta(July1,2018)

4 comments:

  1. Physically, worry can be deadly . There is always the spiritual realm to ease it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eyes are the witness of everything, from beautiful dream to deadly scene.. Beautiful poem Radhika.

    ReplyDelete