Tuesday, July 24, 2018

MISS MINA

Related image

Miss Mina lost her most lovely temper
When scolded by a family member.
The relative called her clumsy.
She said," No one loves me."
Then, she heard the words of her father.

"My daughter looks ugly.
She looks stout and clumsy.
But, she has a heart of gold.
She is truly brave and bold.
Her simplicity is her beauty.

When no one stood by me,
Her faith in me was plenty.
She understood things beyond her age.
She never made any money wastage
Unlike those who spend frivolously.

She works hard constantly
Avoiding any bad company.
Is it easy to control teenage emotions?
But she shuns any stupid affections.
I am proud of her audacity.

When sometimes I watch her studying,
I am completely left just wondering
If I had also done the same labour.
But, even I never tried to seize the hour.
Her willpower is simply mesmerizing.

Many a time when she felt hungry,
She either didn't eat or ate homemade curry.
When her friends ate delicious street foods,
She dominated her taste moods.
I don't remember her enjoying any luxury.

She is clumsy by her choice
For she doesn't wish to raise her voice
In front of fools whom she respects.
The harshness in you she easily detects.
But she never makes any noise.

Oh! Constant hitting can cut any rock.
For me, her sudden outburst isn't a shock.
There is a limit of meaningless scolding.
After a point, mean things start to sting.
She is a human, not a still wall clock.

If you still have some self-respect,
Then your words, you should wisely select.
Don't  you dare to mock her again
Or else my anger I won't restrain.
The beauty within her is just perfect."

Miss Mina's eyes were filled with tears.
She had not been given any praises for years.
She said," Thank You, dear father.
Your words have made me stronger.
Hearing such words is a boon for my ears.

I am lucky enough to have you.
Under your guidance, I grew.
But today, in a way I let you down.
I failed in handling their frown.
I am just insane in my view."

I was standing at a distance and saw this scene.
I felt as if it has become people's daily routine
To judge others by their appearances.
Is it what we mean by coexistence?
Are these our etiquettes and discipline?

They say,"Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder."
In reality, for external beauty, their souls smoulder. 
Maybe they are just another bunch of hypocrites
Who believe people like Miss Mina to be misfits.
 Perhaps we all are merely turning into living monsters.

---------------------------------------------------------©Radhika Gupta(June24,2018)

2 comments: