Saturday, July 7, 2018

WHAT IS "LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT"?


What is "Love at first sight"?
My mind questions this at times.
Is it some sort of delight?
What are its symptoms or signs?

I really am not aware of it.
Maybe due to my inexperience.
Haha! I thought of it as a shit.
Pardon me 'O lovers' for saying this.

I believe it's like a fresh variety of burger
The craving for which may turn you restless.
You know having it may harm you further.
But your desire for consumption is reckless.

What happens once you munch on it?
The burger remains no more to be seen.
It's taste, your mind just can't omit.
But the next day, you wish for jelly bean.

At first sight, even an antique art is alluring.
What follows once you bring it in your home?
For a few days, you can't stop staring at it.
Then the staring becomes dull and toilsome.

Perhaps it's like aiming hard to win someone.
But once you conquer what you require,
You simply take for granted this fortune.
Now, something else you wish to acquire.

You feel sympathy even for strangers.
You just need to be a human being for that.
Mere sympathising doesn't make you lovers.
Pity can also be aroused by a tiny cat or chat.

Even two workers may share their worries.
It doesn't mean they will serve each other's needs.
You may be sharing all your mundane stories.
Such an obscure feeling into love hardly concretes.

Then there is something called friendship
It may make you think that you love.
It's like sailing together in one ship.
But, dear it's something beyond love.

You may say that it's often seen that
Cute friendships turn into adorable love.
Well! I am not at all against this fact.
But, this rare love should be taken care of.

I don't think I should talk further.
Again pardon me for any mistakes.
I still think 'love at first sight' is a burger.
Haha! You may think of it as grapes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------©Radhika Gupta(July7, 2018)

3 comments:

  1. So fun to read the lines. I like it when it encompasses a little twist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well! This is so nice to hear. I sincerely thank you for the kind words in appreciation of my efforts.

      Delete
  2. Amazing poem and I guess true as well

    ReplyDelete