Sunday, August 19, 2018

THE TRAIN AND ME ( 1 )


That day was about the train and me.
My mind completely went awry.
I didn't think what would follow next.
I didn't know what would be the best.
"DREAMS". Oh! I had forgotten them.
Was it some sort of absenteeism?

Maybe I was right and maybe not.
I looked calm but my mind did shout.
It was compelling for exploring more.
But I was destined to land at platform number four.
What if I had chosen not to land there?
What if I had decided to move elsewhere?

It would have been a new adventure.
Maybe not with much pleasure or splendour.
At least I would have been free.
Away from what all expect from me.
Away from parameters of success and failure.
Away from faces that just seem familiar.

But plans shifted when I looked outside the window.
There was a peacock dancing as if saying "Hello".
It was surrounded with greenery and babies.
But the young ones were of some other species.
Any other peacock was not to be seen.
My senses were indulged in observing this scene.

The peacock was alone in a way yet comfortable.
Unlike my mind, it was absolutely stable.
It was cherishing the present moment and dancing
As if teaching me the art of self-romancing.
It's not bad to be unique or judged everywhere.
Neither it's bad to wish for a change of air.

Life's train will keep on moving with certain halts.
On our journey, we may face some jolts.
What matters the most is rejoicing like that peacock.
Even if we are unable to rock or suffering from a shock.
Haha! To fulfil our duties when we can't think any more,
It's sometimes better to land at platform number four.

---------------------------------------------------------©Radhika Gupta(August 19,2018)

5 comments: